Croeso i flwyddyn 3/4
This project has a science focus and teaches children about the human body including significant organs such as the heart, brain and lungs. At the heart of this project children write explanations to describe biological processes of the human body and develop additional skills using a range of technical and scientific language.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the heart, circulation, the pulse and blood;
• About major organs of the human body and their functions in keeping us alive and well;
• How exercise and a healthy diet keeps the body well and fit;
• How to write explanation texts using scientific language;
• How scientific and medical research has changed over time;
• How to work collaboratively.
Mapping out the Human Body....
We created skeleton pictures using different shaped pasta.
Over the next few weeks we are going to become personal trainers! We are going to learn about nutrition, diet, muscles, bones, joints and movement and then use this knowledge to help some 'real' clients.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Cardiff City Football Stadium. Our visit included a guided tour of the stadium, a workshop on 'Team-building' and an afternoon of activities in the 'House of Sport'.
In Art, we experimented with silhouettes and created portraits of ourselves and sunset scenes from our class book 'The Iron Man'.
Christmas in Year 3/4
We've been very busy preparing for Christmas by making Christmas cards, cardboard tube reindeer and Santa/Elf washing lines. Our sewing task this year was to design and make a felt Gingerbread Man.
Enjoy our Christmas Photo Gallery........