Croeso i flwyddyn 3/4
Life in the 1960s.
This project has a history focus and teaches children about life
in the 1960s including significant social, cultural and political
events of the time. The children will learn how to write scripts and will develop additional skills in writing newspaper reports of historical events.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the Moon, the Sun and other planets of the solar system;
• How to order things chronologically;
• About musical culture and influences of the 1960s;
• About significant historical figures and events of the 1960s;
• How to use a range of artistic skills to create ‘Pop Art’;
• How to use ICT to source information and present their
This is our 1960 timeline.....
We were lucky enough to experience an actual 1960s MINI Cooper which had been owned by none other than John Cooper, the famous rally driver!
Mrs Caroline Neuddeg (Governor) talked to the children about her childhood memories and experiences from the 1960s.
In Art, we explored the work of Peter Thorpe and created amazing space pictures using pastels and poster paint.
We also studied the work of Pop Arts Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein.
Christmas in Year 3/4
We've been very busy preparing for Christmas by making Christmas cards, gifts boxes and Santa/Elf washing lines.
Spring Term 2019
Earth, Wind and Fire - Natural Disasters
This project has a geography focus and teaches children about the causes and impact of natural disasters. We will be learning about Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis and Hurricanes.
First week back, Year 3 enjoyed an interesting lesson on Internet safety from PC Nick.